What I wanted and more!

I was planning a ski trip with my best friend, Greg, but I never imagined it would be the best trip of my life. My brother-in-law, Tim K., worked for a major Denver radio station and occasionally was able to get some amazing perks. One was an all-expenses-paid ski trip for 2 in Vail - which he gave to me! It included a one-night stay at the Hilton and ski passes for 2 days. 

Another blessing was Greg's mom letting us use her Cadillac for the trip. I definitely did not feel like a poor college kid as we parked the Caddy in the Hilton parking lot. We picked up our ski-lift passes and headed to the lift - which was just outside of the hotel lobby.

It was a beautiful, sunshiny day and it had snowed 11 inches the night before, so the slopes were covered with a deep, soft powdery snow. I had never skied through powder that deep! We skied softly and silently through waist-deep snow with amazing scenery all around us. 

At the end of that day my leg muscles were aching and ready for a rest. We went up to our room and quickly got into the hot tub that was on our balcony. I've never enjoyed a hot tub soak more! Afterward, we headed down to the hotel restaurant. 

After we were seated the hostess came back again and said to Greg, "I'm sorry, sir. I didn't recognize you at first. Would you like to move to your private room?" We weren't sure who she thought he was (he did look a little like Tom Selleck). Greg just smiled and said, "No, this will be fine for tonight." I had a hard time constraining my laughter. By this time, we both were starting to feel like celebrities!

After a wonderful steak dinner with all the trimmings (that I could never afford) we headed up for an early bedtime. While we slept it snowed another 8 inches! We woke to a second day of fresh powder, clear skies and warm sunshine! 

At the end of that day, as we loaded the Caddy and pulled out of the Hilton parking lot, we were two, very happy guys! Thank you Tim K.!

As wonderful as those 2 days were, they won't compare to what God has prepared for all his children - and it will last a lot longer than 2 days. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3 

I can't begin to imagine what all those spiritual blessings will be. No one can outgive God and Luke 12:32 says that he is pleased to give us the kingdom!

And one of my favorite verses is Psalm 16:11 "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

"Eternal pleasures" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it. I wouldn't be surprised if that includes skiing!

Much better than being a celebrity is being a child of God! Thank you Lord!

*************************************

Click the blue Follow button above to be 
notified when new posts are available.









No comments: