Nothing is impossible with God


Memory methods have been a hobby of mine since I was in college. I came across a book called The Memory Book by Harry Loraine and Jerry Lucas. I was fascinated by the book and couldn't put it down. I finished the book at 2 AM and couldn't wait to start applying it. 

It helped me memorize names, Bible verses, languages, and more. One chapter presented the chart (pictured a
bove). 100 squares with a 4-digit number in each cell. I took one look at it and thought, "Impossible!" Maybe possible for a genius with a photographic memory but not for an ordinary dude like me. 

After I read the chapter with the explanation of how to do it, I saw that with the method they taught, it might be easier than I thought. Although it took a few hours I eventually was able to remember all the numbers. 

I've written in my book about the rare neurological condition I have called superficial siderosis. It caused me to lose my hearing and took the strength out of my legs so I can't walk or even stand. SS is degenerative and there is no known cure. Other symptoms it can cause are blindness and dementia. Praise God I haven't had those symptoms. 

I decided the chart with the 100 numbers would be a good test to see if I was losing my ability to think well. I review it a few times each month to see if I can still remember all the numbers. So far it hasn't been difficult, praise God. 

This reminds me of certain situations in my past that were very difficult. We would pray for God to help us, but I couldn't help thinking to myself, "Impossible!" 

One example is after our car accident in 2002. I was in the hospital, paralyzed from the chest down. Janet sat by my bedside and said, "do you realize we are homeless, jobless and carless?" If someone would have told me that within a year I'd be walking, we'd own our first home, I'd have a good job and someone would gift us a beautiful car, I would have thought, "Impossible!" 

But as Luke 1:37 says, "Nothing is impossible with God." And God did all those things! (More details in my book.)

And we know from God's word that he's going to do many more "impossible" things, like rapture us to be with him; transform our lowly bodies to be like his glorious body; provide an eternal home where there will be no more pain, suffering or sorrows. 

I'm so thankful that there is nothing impossible with God. And that we know he works all things together for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

*************************************

Click the blue Follow button above to be 
notified when new posts are available.