
I have.
I can't count how many times I've been taught by pastors, youth directors, and books that reading the Bible is one of the most important disciplines necessary to grow in my faith.
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message,
and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Romans 10:17–18
A verse in Hebrews states that to know the deeper truths of the faith involves constant use of your Bible.
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:14
THE IMPORTANCE OF DAILY BIBLE STUDY
I knew the importance of this and had a goal of reading my Bible daily but still there were times when I neglected to get it done. Then one day I read a verse that motivated me to get into a consistent practice of Bible study.
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
Job 23:12
As I read this, I realized that I didn't treasure God's word more than food. I had no trouble finding time every day to eat. I realized that spiritual food was just as important for spiritual growth as physical food was for physical growth. So, I made a resolution to not eat physical food until I had first eaten spiritual food.
This helped me develop a daily practice of reading my Bible which also led to deeper Bible study - a practice that is still with me today.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 2:15-17
This "habit" became more than a "duty" to mark off my checklist each day, but it developed a true love for God's word that gave me a deeper knowledge of God as well as encouragement, strength, wisdom, hope and so much more.
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4
I truly grew to treasure God's word more than my daily bread!
No comments:
Post a Comment