There were a number of times as I was writing my book that Janet would say things like, "Perhaps you could write about the time..." or "You maybe should mention what happened when..." But I didn't feel it was the right time. When you write about a life of over 70 years, which included 48 years of marriage and 40 years of ministry, it's impossible to include everything in one book.
There are so many stories and a multitude of wonderful things that God did for us that it just wasn't time to include in the book. It's time!
The reason I'm starting this blog is to continue relating the amazing ways that God blessed us over the years. He did this at times when we were discouraged, times when life seemed hopeless, and times when we wondered "what in the world are his plans for us."
My prayer is that in sharing these blessings you will be encouraged to keep believing, to keep trusting in God's goodness and sovereignty. Such strong faith will enable you to experience what Jesus promised when He said, "I have come to give you life to the full." (John 10:10) And to be confident that these verses can be a reality in your life:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6–7)
Let me remind you of what I wrote near the beginning of my book:
When I was a
young Christian, I was reading in John chapter six. "Then they
asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” 29 Jesus
answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one He has sent.” John
6:28–29
As I read verse 29 the Lord impressed on me that this was not just a salvation verse, but a verse for every day of my spiritual journey. He spoke to my heart saying, “Tim, this is going to be your biggest challenge – to keep believing when things are not going well.” I made verse 29 my life verse and by God’s grace and power, I have kept the faith!

No comments:
Post a Comment